1. Setayesh M, Nakhaee N, Rohani A. [Assessment of people viewpoint about informal payment to Kerman physicians]. Iranian Journal of Ethics in Science and Technology 2007; 2: 81–8.
2. Onwujekwe O, Dike N, Uzochukwu B, Ezeoke O. Informal payments for healthcare: Differences in expenditures from consumers and providers perspectives for treatment of malaria in Nigeria. Health Policy 2010; 96: 72–9. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2009.12.014
3. Vian T, Grybosk K, Sinoimeri Z, Hall R. Informal payments in government health facilities in Albania: Results of a qualitative study. Soc Sci Med 2006; 62: 877–87. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2005.07.005
4. Chereches RM, Ungureanu MI, Sandu P, Rus IA. Defining informal payments in healthcare: A systematic review. Health Policy 2013; 110: 105–14. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2013.01.010
5. Liaropoulos L, Siskou O, Kaitelidou D, Theodorou M, Katostaras T. Informal payments in public hospitals in Greece. Health Policy 2008; 87: 72–81. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2007.12.005
6. Chawla M, Berman P, Windak A, Kulis M. Provision of ambulatory health services in Poland: a case study from Krakow. Soc Sci Med 2004; 58: 227–35. doi: 10.1016/s0277-9536(03)00006-6
7. Killingsworth J, Hossain N, Hedrick-Wong Y, Thomas S, Rahman A, Begum T. Unofficial fees in Bangladesh: price, equity and institutional issues. Health Policy Plan 1999; 14: 152–63. doi: 10.1093/heapol/14.2.152
8. Stringhini S, Thomas S, Bidwell P, Mtui T, Mwisongo A. Understanding informal payments in health care: motivation of health workers in Tanzania. Hum Resour Health 2009; 7: 53. doi: 10.1186/1478-4491-7-53
9. Barber S, Bonnet F, Bekedam H. Formalizing under-the-table payments to control out-of-pocket hospital expenditures in Cambodia. Health Policy Plan 2004; 19: 199–208. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czh025
10. Gaal P, Belli P, McKee M, Szócska M. Informal payments for health care: definitions, distinctions, and dilemmas. J Health Polit Policy Law 2006; 31: 251–93. doi: 10.1215/03616878-31-2-251
11. Vian T, Burak LJ. Beliefs about informal payments in Albania. Health Policy Plan 2006; 21: 392–401. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czl022
12. Akashi H, Yamada T, Huot E, Kanal K, Sugimoto T. User fees at a public hospital in Cambodia: effects on hospital performance and provider attitudes. Soc Sci Med 2004; 58: 553–64. doi: 10.1016/s0277-9536(03)00240-5
13. Delcheva E, Balabanova D, McKee M. Under-the-counter payments for health care: Evidence from Bulgaria. Health Policy 1997; 42: 89–100. doi: 10.1016/s0168-8510(97)00061-4
14. Lewis M. Informal payments and the financing of health care in developing and transition countries. Health Aff 2007; 26: 984–97. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.26.4.984
15. Lewis MA. Who is paying for health care in Eastern Europe and Central Asia? Washington D.C.: World Bank Publications; 2000.
16. Thompson R. Health sector reform. Int J Health Plann Manage 2006; 15: 169–87.
17. Ensor T. Informal payments for health care in transition economies. Soc Sci Med 2004; 58: 237–46. doi: 10.1016/s0277-9536(03)00007-8
18. Ghiasipour M, Abolghasem P, Arab M, Mahmoodi M, Abutorabi A. [The Analysis of Informal Payments Among Hospitals Covered Under Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) 2009]. Hospital Quarterly 2011; 10: 1–14
19. Miller WL, Koshechkina TY. If you pay, we’ll operate immediately. J Med Ethics 2000; 26: 305–11. doi: 10.1136/jme.26.5.305
20. Ozgen H, Sahin B, Belli P, Tatar M, Berman P. Predictors of Informal Health Payments: The Example from Turkey. J Med Syst 2010; 34: 387–96. doi: 10.1007/s10916-008-9251-8
21. Tourani S, Amiresmaili MR, Maleki MR, Hadian M. An interview survey on health priority setting practice in Iran. Research Journal of Biological Sciences 2009; 4: 1193–201.
22. Takian A, Rashidian A, Kabir MJ. Expediency and coincidence in re-engineering a health system: an interpretive approach to formation of family medicine in Iran. Health Policy Plan 2011; 26: 163–73. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czq036
23. De Bruin A, Picavet HSJ, Nossikov A. Health interview surveys: towards international harmonization of methods and instruments. WHO Reg Publ Eur Ser 1996; 58: 1–161.
24. Stepurko T, Pavlova M, Gryga I, Groot W. Empirical studies on informal patient payments for health care services: a systematic and critical review of research methods and instruments. BMC Health Serv Res 2010; 10: 273. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-10-273
25. Tomini S, Maarse H. How do patient characteristics influence informal payments for inpatient and outpatient health care in Albania: Results of logit and OLS models using Albanian LSMS 2005. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 375. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-11-375
26. Aarva P, Ilchenko I, Gorobets P, Rogacheva A. Formal and informal payments in health care facilities in two Russian cities, Tyumen and Lipetsk. Health Policy Plan 2009; 24: 395–405. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czp029
27. Azadarmaki T, Bikaranbehesht M. [Offering In the Iranian Daily Life]. Barge Farhang 2010; New: 196–209.
28. Shahriari H, Belli P, Lewis M. Institutional issues in informal health payments in Poland. World Bank Draft Report, 2001.