1. Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare (MHLW), Department of Statistics & Information. Annual report of public health administration, 1949-2012.
2. Wikipedia [homepage on the Internet]. Eugenics in Japan; [about 2 screens]. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_Japan#Race_Eugenic_Protection_Law
3. Will GF. Eugenics by abortion. Washington Post [serial on the Internet]. 2005 April 14. Available from: [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51671-2005Apr13.html]
4. Saito H. [Current status of assisted reproductive treatment (ART) in Japan]. Current Information of Maternal & Child Health2012; 66: 13–7.
5. Japan Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology. ART Registry of Japan, 2008 [internet]. Available from: http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/~jsog-art/ART%20Registry%20of%20Japan,2008.pdf
6. Chief of the Bureau of Children & Families, Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare (MHLW). Warning on maternal serum screening. Administrative directive No. 582, issued on July 21st, 1999 [in Japanese].
7. Wikipedia [homepage on the Internet]. Prenatal diagnosis; [about 4 screens]. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_diagnosis
8. Sequenom Inc. MaterniT21 [internet]. Available from: http://laboratories.sequenom.com/maternit21plus/maternit21-plusknowing-about-your-pregnancy
9. Hirahara F. Prenatal screening and importance of genetic counseling. Kanagawa [serial on the Internet]. 2013 October 28. Available from: http://news.kanaloco.jp/localnews/article/1310280009/
10. More than 90% chose abortions. Asahi [serial on the Internet]. 2013 November 22. Available from: http://www.asahi.com/articles/TKY201311220411.html