1. WHO. Mental health, human rights and legislation. WHO’s framework. World Health Organization, 2005.
2. World Medical Association. World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki: Ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. [updated 2012 April; cited 2013 May 10]. Available from: http:// www.wma.net/e/policy/b3.htm
3. World Medical Association. World Medical Association Declaration on death. [updated 2012 April; cited 2013 May 10]. Available from: http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/d2/
4. World Health Organization. Declaration of Alma-Ata. International Conference on Primary Health Care, Alma-Ata; 1978. [updated 2012 April; cited 2013 May 10]. Available from: http://www.who.int/publications/almaata_declaration_en.pdf
5. Almoajel AM. Hospitalized patients’ awareness of their rights in Saudi governmental hospital. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 2012; 11: 329–35.
6. Atashkhaneh M. [Patient Rights]. Shiraz: Treatment management of social insurance of Fars Province Publication; 2001.
7. Humayun A, Fatima N, Naqqash Sh, Hussain S, Rasheed A, Imtiaz H, et al
. Patients’ perception and actual practice of informed consent, privacy and confidentiality in general medical outpatient departments of two tertiary care hospitals of Lahore. BMC Med Ethics
2008; 9: 1–8. doi: 10.1186/1472-6939-9-14
8. European Commission of Patients Right. European charter of patients’ rights basis document. [updated 2002 November; cited 2013 May 10]. Available from: http://www.eu-patient.eu/Documents/Projects/Valueplus/Patients_Rights.pdf
9. Khorshid Vaskooei Eshkevari K, Karimi M, Asnaashari H, Kohan N. [The assessment of observing patients’ right in Tehran University of Medical Sciences’ hospitals]. Iranian Journal of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine 2009; 2: 47–53.
10. Manbari S. Patient Right Charter in Iranian and world`s hospitals. Congress of the Role of Management in Health Care Services; 2000; Tehran, Iran.
11. Emami Razavi SH, Asadi Khalili N, Saiidi A, Shidfar F. An evaluation of adherence to the patients’ rights charter among patients and physicians at the Emergency Department of Imam Khomeini hospital, Tehran. DARU 2006; 1: 17–20.
12. Nematollahi M, Fesharaki M, Toufighi Sh. [Comparison of patient rights laws in Iran with Patient Rights Charter and survey of physicians of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences about patient rights]. Teb va Tazkieh 2000; 36: 59–62.
13. Arab M, Zarei A, Hoseini M. [Awareness and observance of patient rights in teaching hospitals of Tehran]. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research 2011; 8: 77–86.
14. Bateni SM, Sajadi Z, Hoseini SM. [Patient’s Knowledge about Patients’ Rights Legislation]. Health Information Management 2011; 7: 489.
15. Ansari S, Abeid P, Namvar F, Dorakvand M. Respect to the bill of patients’ rights in the educational hospitals in Ahvaz. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 2013; 13: 440–4.
16. Mosaddegh Rad AM, Esnaashari P. [Patients and physicians awareness of patients’ rights and its implementation at Beheshti hospital in Isfahan]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2004; 11: 45–54.
17. Parsapoor A, Mohammad K, Malek Afzali H, Ala’addini F, Larijani B. Observance of patient rights: A survey on the views of patients, nurses, and physicians. Medical Ethics and History of Medicine 2012; 5: 5–12.
18. Kazemnezhad SM, Hesamzadeh A. [Implementation of patients’ bills of rights by physicians and nurses from their colleagues’ points of view in educational hospitals of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences]. Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences Journal 2013; 23: 216–23.
19. Basiri Moghadam K, Basiri Moghadam M, Moslem AR, Ajam Zibad H, Jamal F. [Health providers and patients’ awareness on patient bill of rights and its observing rate in an educational hospital in Gonabad]. Ofogh-e-Danesh 2011; 17: 45–55.
20. Ghodsi Z, Hojjatoleslami S. Knowledge of students about patient rights and its relationship with some factors in Iran. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences
2012; 31: 345–8. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.12.065
21. Bathaie SA. [Review of Relation between course and level of students, and their awareness of patients’ rights]. Medical Ethics 2011; 5: 45–60.
22. Khodamoradi K, Amiraliakbari S, Jalali Sh, Mobini N. [Review of nursing students’ awareness of patients’ rights]. Medical Ethics 2010; 4: 133–48.
23. Safdari R, Farajollah SS. [Strategies to protect of patients’ rights in electronic health record system]. Teb va Tazkieh 2009; 18: 48–56.
24. Abbasi Sh, Ferdosi M. Do Electronic health records standards help implementing bill of rights in hospitals. Acta Inform Med
2013; 21: 20–2. doi: 10.5455/aim.2012.21.20-22
25. Joolaee S, Tschudin V, Nikbakht Nasrabadi A, Parsa Yekta Z. Factors affecting patients’ rights practice: the lived experiences of Iranian nurses and physicians. Int Nurs Rev
2008; 55: 55–61. doi: 10.1111/j.1466-7657.2007.00584.x
26. Fotaki M. Users’ perceptions of health care reforms: quality of care and patient rights in four regions in the Russian federation. Soc Sci Med
2006; 63: 1637–47. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2006.04.033
27. Ducinskiene D, Vladickiene J, Kalediene R, Haapala I. Awareness and practice of patients’ rights law in Lithuania. BMC Int Health Hum Rights
2006; 6: 1–6. doi: 10.1186/1472-698x-6-10
28. World Medical Association. WMA declaration of Lisbon on the rights of the patients. WMA 2005. [cited 2013 May 8]. Available from: http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/l4/
29. Kuzu N, Ergin A, Zencir M, Rokhafrooz D. Patients’ awareness of their rights in a developing country. Public Health
2006; 120: 290-6. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2005.10.014
30. Dadkhah B, Mohammadi MA, Mozaffari N. [Respect rate of patients rights in Ardabil Hospitals in 2002]. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research 2010; 9: 37–44.