1. Hawton K, Harriss L, Hodder K, Simkin S, Gunnell D. The influence of the economic and social environment on deliberate self-harm and suicide: an ecological and person-based study. Psychol Med
2001; 31: 827–36. doi: 10.1017/s0033291701003993
2. Lewis G, Sloggett A. Suicide, deprivation, and unemployment: record linkage study. BMJ
1998; 317: 1283–6. doi: 10.1136/bmj.317.7168.1283
3. Bertolote JM, Fleischmann A. A global perspective in the epidemiology of suicide. Suicidologi 2002; 7: 6–7.
4. Tuohig GM, Saffle JR, Sullivan JJ, Morris S, Lehto S. Self-inflicted patient burns: suicide versus mutilation. J Burn Care Rehabil
1995; 16: 429–36. doi: 10.1097/00004630-199507000-00009
6. Wasserman D, Cheng Q, Jiang GX. Global suicide rates among young people aged 15-19. World Psychiatry 2005; 4: 114–20.
7. Maghsoudi H, Garadagi A, Jafary GA, Azarmir G, Aali N, Karimian B, et al
. Women victims of self-inflicted burns in Tabriz, Iran. Burns
2004; 30: 217–20. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2003.10.010
8. Lopez AD, Murray C. The global burden of disease. Nat Med
1998; 4: 1241–3. doi:10.1038/3218
10. Hatami H, Razavi M, Eftekhar H, Majlesi F, Seyed Nozadi M, Parizadeh M. [Textbook of public health]. Tehran: Arjmand; 2004.
11. Schulz R, Drayer RA, Rollman BL. Depression as a risk factor for non-suicide mortality in the elderly. Biol Psychiatry
2002; 52: 205–25. doi: 10.1016/s0006-3223(02)01423-3
12. Lizardi D, Sher L, Sullivan G, Stanley B, Burke A, Oquendo M. Association between familial suicidal behavior and frequency of attempts among depressed suicide attempters. Acta Psychiatr Scand
2009; 119: 406–10. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2009.01365.x
13. Thomas CM, Morris S. Cost of depression among adults in England in 2000. Br J Psychiatry
2003; 183: 514–9. doi: 10.1192/bjp.183.6.514
14. Paykel ES. Depression in women. Br J Psychiatry Suppl 1991; 10: 22–9.
15. Anonymous. Suicide huge but preventable public health problem, says WHO. World suicide prevention day--10 september. Cent Eur J Public Health 2004; 12:196.
16. Levi F, La Vecchia C, Saraceno B. Global suicide rates. Eur J Public Health
2003; 13: 97–8. Doi: 10.1093/eurpub/13.2.97
17. Pelkonen M, Marttunen M. Child and adolescent suicide: epidemiology, risk factors, and approaches to prevention. Pediatric Drugs
2003; 5: 243–63. doi: 10.2165/00128072-200305040-00004
18. Ahmadi A. Suicide by self-immolation: comprehensive overview, experiences and suggestions. J Burn Care Res
2007; 28: 30–41. doi: 10.1097/bcr.0b013e31802c8878
19. Stack S. Suicide: a 15-year review of the sociological literature part I: cultural and economic factors. Suicide Life Threat Behav 2000; 30: 145–62.
20. Qin P, Agerbo E, Westergård-Nielsen N, Eriksson T, Mortensen PB. Gender differences in risk factors for suicide in Denmark. Br J Psychiatry 2000; 177: 546–50.
21. Rezaeian M, Dunn G, St Leger S, Appleby L. The ecological association between suicide rates and indices of deprivation in English local authorities. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol
2005; 40: 785–91. doi: 10.1007/s00127-005-0960-x
22. Gunnell D. Commentary: Suicide and income--is the risk greater in rich people who develop serious mental illness? BMJ
2001; 322: 335. doi: 10.1136/bmj.322.7282.334
24. Owens D, Horrocks J, House A. Fatal and non-fatal repetition of self-harm. Br J Psychiatry
2002; 181: 193–9. doi: 10.1192/bjp.181.3.193
25. Khorshidi A, Yasami M, Asasi N. Zamani G. [Determination of burden of behaviors induced suicide in Ilam province]. Payesh Journal 2004; 4: 264–56.
26. Ghoreishi SA, Mousavinasab N. [Systematic review of researches on suicide and suicide attempt in Iran]. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology 2008; 14: 115–21.
27. Janghorbani M, Sharifirad GHR. Completed and attempted suicide in Ilam, Iran (1995–2002): Incidence and associated factors. Arch Iran Med 2005; 8: 119–26.
28. Toobaei S, Loghmani A, Yoosefian R. Suicidal causes among 15 to 30-year olds in Shiraz, Southern Iran. Iran J Med Sci 1999; 24: 14–9.
29. Barkhordar N, Jahangiri K. [Trend and factors influencing suicides in rural areas of Kermanshah during 7 years (2000-2006)]. Journal ofMedical Council of Islamic Republic of Iran
2009; 7: 219–25. doi: 10.1109/ICBBE.2009.5163718
32. Afshari R, Majdzadeh R, Balali-Mood M. Pattern of acute poisonings in Mashhad, Iran 1993-2000. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol
2004; 42: 965–75. doi: 10.1081/CLT-200042550
33. Ghazinour M, Emami H, Richter J, Abdollahi M, Pazhumand A. Age and gender differences in the use of various poisoning methods for deliberate parasuicide cases admitted to loghman hospital in Tehran (2000–2004). Suicide Life Threat Behav
2009; 39: 231–9. doi: 10.1521/suli.2009.39.2.231
34. Ahmadi AR, Janbazi Sh, Laghaei Z, Ahmadi A, Davarinejad O, Heidari MB. [Epidemiological Study of Committed Self-inflicted burns admitted to the hospitals of kermanshah, University of Medical Sciences, Iran (2004-2005)]. The Quarterly Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health 2006; 8: 23–35.
35. Arefi M. [The study survey of suicides rates during 1998 up to 1999 in Western Azarbijan province]. Journal of Psychology and Education 2002; 32; 141–62.
36. Kelly S, Bunting J. Trends in suicide in England and Wales, 1982-96. Popul Trends 1998; 92: 29–41.
37. Foster K. National Suicide Prevention Strategy for England. Ment Health Rev J
2007; 12: 27–30. doi: 10.1108/13619322200700006
38. Ruengorn C, Sanichwankul K, Niwatananun W, Mahatnirunkul S, Pumpaisalchai W, Patumanond J. Incidence and risk factors of suicide reattempts within 1 year after psychiatric hospital discharge in mood disorder patients. Clin Epidemiol
2011; 3: 305–13. doi: 10.2147/CLEP.S25444
39. Latkin C, Yang C, Ehrhardt B, Hulbert A. The Epidemiology of Finding a Dead Body: Reports from Inner-City Baltimore, Maryland US. Community Mental Health J
2012:1–4. doi: 10.1007/s10597-012-9492-3
40. Bertolote JM, Fleischmann A, De Leo D, Bolhari J, Botega N, De Silva D, et al
. Suicide attempts, plans, and ideation in culturally diverse sites: the WHO SUPRE-MISS community survey. Psychol Med
2005; 35: 1457–66. doi: 10.1017/s0033291705005404
41. Cooper J, Kapur N, Webb R, Lawlor M, Guthrie E, Mackway-Jones K, et al
. Suicide after deliberate self-harm: a 4-year cohort study. Am J Psychiatry
2005; 162: 297–303. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.162.2.297
43. Khosravi A, Taylor R, Naghavi M, Lopez AD. Mortality in the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1964-2004. Bull World Health Organ
2007; 85: 607–14. doi: 10.2471/blt.06.038802