1. World Health Organization (WHO). Tuberculosis. Geneva: WHO; 2013.
2. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Iran. Tuberculosis status [Internet]. 2012. Available from: http://www.cdc.hbi.ir/TB_Situation_in_Iran.aspx.
3. World Health Organization (WHO). The global plan to stop TB 2011-2015: Transforming the fight towards elimination of tuberculosis. Geneva: WHO; 2010.
4. Harries AD, Dye C. Tuberculosis. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 2006; 5: 415–31.
5. World Health Organization (WHO). Global tuberculosis report 2012. Geneva: WHO; 2012.
6. Hassanzadeh J, Nasehi M, Rezaianzadeh A, Tabatabaee H, Rajaeifard A, Ghaderi E. Pattern of reported tuberculosis cases in Iran 2009-2010. Iran J Public Health 2013; 42: 72–8.
7. Marjani M, Baghaei P, Tabarsi P, Shamaei M, Mansouri D, Masjedi MR, et al. Drug resistance pattern and outcome of treatment in recurrent episodes of tuberculosis. East Mediterr Health J2012; 18: 957–61.
8. Nasehi M, Hassanzadeh J, Rezaianzadeh A, Zeigami B, Tabatabaee H, Ghaderi E. Diagnosis delay in smear positive tuberculosis patients. J Res Med Sci2012; 17: 1001–4.
9. Moradi M, Arababadi MK, Hassanshahi G. Tuberculosis in the Afghan Immigrants in Kerman Province of Iran. J Biol Sci2008; 8: 1107–9. doi: 10.3923/jbs.2008.1107.1109
10. World Health Organization (WHO). Treatment of Tuberculosis: Guidelines. Geneva: WHO; 2010.
11. World Health Organization (WHO). Global tuberculosis control: WHO report 2011. Geneva: WHO; 2011.
12. Salek S, Salek S, Emami H, Masjedi MR, Velayati AA. [Epidemiologic Status of Tuberculosis in Golestan Province]. Tanaffos2008; 7: 63–8.
13. Haghdoost AA, Mostafavi E, Mirzazadeh A, Navadeh S, Feizzadeh A, Fahimfar N, et al. Modelling of HIV/AIDS in Iran up to 2014. JAHR2011; 3: 231–9.
14. Muniz JN, Ruffino-Netto A, Villa TC, Yamamura M, Arcencio R, Cardozo-Gonzales RI. Epidemiological aspects of human immunodeficiency virus/tuberculosis co-infection in Ribeirão Preto, Brazil from 1998 to 2003. J Bras Pneumol 2006; 32: 529–34. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1806-37132006000600010
15. Liu J, Lü B, Yan Y. Meta analysis on the co-infection between Mycobacterium tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS in China. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2013; 34: 85–90.
16. Chehab JC, Vilakazi-Nhlapo AK, Vranken P, Peters A, Klausner JD. Current Integration of Tuberculosis (TB) and HIV Services in South Africa, 2011. PLoS One2013; 8: e57791. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0057791
17. Sonnenberg P, Glynn JR, Fielding K, Murray J, Godfrey-Faussett P, Shearer S. HIV and pulmonary tuberculosis: the impact goes beyond those infected with HIV. AIDS2004; 18: 657–62.
18. Rezaeian S, Esmailnasab N. Social Determinants of Health Associated with Self-Reported HIV Testing among Women. Iran J Public Health 2013; 42: 436–42.
19. Kaboru BB, Ogwang BA, Namegabe EN, Mbasa N, Kabunga DK, Karafuli K. TB/HIV co-infection care in conflict-affected settings: a mapping of health facilities in the Goma area, Democratic Republic of Congo. Int J Health Policy Manag 2013; 1: 207–11. doi: 10.15171/ijhpm.2013.38
20. Lienhardt C, Fielding K, Sillah JS, Bah B, Gustafson P, Warndorff D,et al. Investigation of the risk factors for tuberculosis: a casecontrol study in three countries in West Africa. Int J Epidemiol 2005; 34: 914–23.
21. Atre S, Kudale A, Morankar S, Gosoniu D, Weiss MG. Gender and community views of stigma and tuberculosis in rural Maharashtra, India. Glob Public Health2011; 6: 56-71. doi: 10.1080/17441690903334240
22. Liberato IR, de Albuquerque Mde F, Campelo AR, de Melo HR. Characteristics of pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV seropositive and seronegative patients in a Northeastern region of Brazil. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop2004; 37: 46–50. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0037-86822004000100012
23. Codlin AJ, Khowaja S, Chen Z, Rahbar MH, Qadeer E, Ara I, et al. Short report: gender differences in tuberculosis notification in Pakistan. Am J Trop Med Hyg2011; 85: 514–7.
24. Glynn JR, Crampin AC, Yates MD, Traore H, Mwaungulu FD, Ngwira BM, et al. The importance of recent infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis in an area with high HIV prevalence: a long-term molecular epidemiological study in Northern Malawi. J Infect Dis 2005; 192: 480–7. doi: 10.1086/431517
25. Dewan PK, Lal SS, Lonnroth K, Wares F, Uplekar M, Sahu S, et al. Improving tuberculosis control through public-private collaboration in India: literature review.BMJ2006; 332: 574–8.
26. Sehgal S, Dewan PK, Chauhan LS, Sahu S, Wares F, Granich R. Public-private mix TB activities in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, North India: delivering dots via collaboration with private providers and non-governmental organizations.Indian J Tuberc2007; 54: 79–83.
27. Masjedi MR, Fadaizadeh L, Taghizadeh Asl A. Notification of patients with tuberculosis detected in the private sector, Tehran, Iran. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2007; 11: 882–6.