1. Harmer A, Xiao Y, Missoni E, Tediosi F. ‘BRICS without straw’? A systematic literature review of newly emerging economies’ influence in global health. Global Health
2013; 9: 15. doi: 10.1186/1744-8603-9-15
2. Harmer A, Folayinka D, Lesong C. The BRICS: what is their contribution to global health? A Global Village 2013; 9: 34-7.
3. Hau M, Scott J, Hulme D. Beyond the BRICs: alternative strategies of influence in the global politics of development. Eur J Dev Res
2012; 24: 187-204. doi: 10.1057/ejdr.2012.6
4. Petrie D, Tang KK. Relative health performance in BRICS over the past 20 years: the winners and losers. Bull World Health Organ
2014; 92: 396-404. doi: 10.2471/blt.13.132480
6. Passarelli C, Pimenta C, Danishevskiy K, Singh S, Yan G, Kaufman J. Shifting paradigm: How the BRICS are reshaping global health and development, Global Health Strategies initiatives (GHSi) [internet]. [cited 2013 October 21].Available from: http://www.eldis.org/go/display&t
7. Harmer A, Buse K. The BRICS – a paradigm shift in global health? Contemporary Politics
2014; 20: 127-45. doi: 10.1080/13569775.2014.907988
8. Kirton J, Kulik J, Bracht C. Generating global health governance through BRICS summitry. Contemporary Politics
2014; 20: 146-62. doi: 10.1080/13569775.2014.907990
9. Rao SG, Thomas D, Zachariah S, Kannan MS, Alvarez-Uria G. Comparison of essential drug list in a rural secondary care hospital in south India with Indian & World Health Organization list 2011. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2012; 56: 375-81.
10. Chen W, Tang S, Sun J, Ross-Degnan D, Wagner AK. Availability and use of essential medicines in China: manufacturing, supply, and prescribing in Shandong and Gansu provinces. BMC Health Ser Res
2010; 10: 211. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-10-211
11. Kaddar M, Milstien J, Schmitt S. Impact of BRICS’ investment in vaccine development on the global vaccine market. Bull World Health Organ
2014; 92: 436-46. doi: 10.2471/blt.13.133298
12. Sáenz TW, Souza-Paula MC, Melon CM, Ray M, Thorsteinsdóttir H. Setting a southern course: Brazil’s south-south collaboration in health biotech. In: Thorsteinsdóttir H, editor. South-South Collaboration in Health Biotechnology: Growing Partnerships amongst Developing Countries. Ottawa: IDRC & Academic Foundation; 2012. p. 99-121.
14. Aly S, Madkour MA, Maram H, Adly N. Learning through collaborations: Egypt’s south-south health biotechnology collaboration. In: Thorsteinsdóttir H, editor. South-south collaboration in health biotechnology: Growing partnerships amongst developing countries. Ottawa: IDRC & Academic Foundation; 2012. p. 153-72.
15. Access Campaign. MSF calls on BRICS countries to prioritize health and access to medical innovation [internet]. [cited 2014 August 18]. Available from: http://www.msfaccess.org/
16. Liao, K. BRICS Nations Team to Strengthen Health Sector [internet]. [cited 2014 January 20]. Available from:
17. [No author listed]. Special theme: BRICS and the global health 2014. Bull World Health Organ
2014; 92: 385. doi: 10.2471/BLT.14.000614
19. Rovira, J. Creating and promoting domestic drug manufacturing capacities: A solution for developing countries [internet].2006. [cited 2013 November 25]. Available from: https://www.unido.org/fileadmin/user_media/
20. Yu P. Access to medicines, BRICS alliances, and collective action. Am J Law Med 2008; 34: 345-94.
21. Laidi Z. BRICS: Sovereignty power and weakness. Int Politics
2012; 49: 614-32. doi: 10.1057/ip.2012.17
22. Yu PK. Access to medicines, BRICS alliances, and collective action. Am J Law Med 2008; 34: 345-94.
24. Ross C. Building BRICs: Pharma’s key emerging markets are becoming giants [internet].[cited 2013 August 5]. Available from: http://www.pmlive.com
26. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). Italy funds AIDS project in South Africa [internet].[cited 2013 June 29]. Available from: http://www.manufacturingchemist.com/
29. Maloney C, Segal N. The Growth Potential of the Pharmaceuticals Sector in South Africa. South Africa, Johannesburg: Genesis Analytics (Pty) Ltd; 2007.
30. Almeida C, Pires de Campos R, Buss P, Ferreira JR, Fonseca LE. Brazil’s conception of south-south “structural cooperation” in health. Global Forum Update on Research for Health 2010;4: 23-32.
32. Chaudhuri S, Mackintosh M, Mujinja PG. Indian generics producers, access to essential medicines and local production in Africa: an argument with reference to Tanzania. European Journal of Development Research
2010; 22: 451-68. doi: 10.1057/ejdr.2010.27
33. Serruya SJ, Guimarães R, de Albuquerque IO, Morel CM. Research and innovation in Brazil: The institutional role of the ministry of health. Global Forum Update on Research for Health 2008;5: 24-7.
35. KPMG. China’s Pharmaceutical Industry – Poised for the giant leap [internet]. [cited 2013 March 15]. Available from: http://www.kpmg.com/
37. Jiangsu Hengrui [internet].2013. Available from: http://www.hrs.com.cn/english/
38. Kresge N. China’s Thirst for New Diabetes Drugs Threatens Bayer’s Lead [internet].2011. Available from: http://www.bloomberg.com/
40. Frew SE, Kettler HE, Singer PA. The Indian and Chinese Health Biotechnology Industries: Potential Champions Of Global Health? Health Aff (Millwood)
2008; 27: 1029-41. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.27.4.1029
42. Elbeshbishi AN. TRIPS and public health: What should African countries do? ATPC Work in progress No. 49. Addis Ababa: Economic Commission for Africa; 2007.
43. Yusuf S, Nabeshima K, Perkins DH. China and India Reshape Global Industrial Geography. In: Winters A, Yusuf S, editors. Dancing with Giants-China, India, and the Global Economy. Washington and Singapore: The World Bank and the Institute of Policy Studies; 2007. p. 35-66.
45. Rao KD, Petrosyan V, Araujo E C, McIntyre D. Progress towards universal health coverage in BRICS: translating economic growth into better health. Bull World Health Organ
2014; 92: 429-35. doi: 10.2471/blt.13.127951
46. Zandi L. Technology Transfer and Business Partnerships in BRICS: Development, Integration and Industrialization. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences 2014; 5: 284-93. doi: 10.5901/mjss.2014.v5n7p284
48. Shamik D. At last, some good news about the world economy. Management Today 2012; 7: 26-7.
49. Tseng CY. Technological Innovations in the BRIC Economies. Research Technology Management 2009; 52: 29-35.