1. Friel S. Inequities in the freedom to lead a flourishing and healthy life: issues for healthy public policy. Int J Health Policy Manag
2014; 3: 161-3. doi: 10.15171/ijhpm.2014.82
5. Mahler H. The Meaning of “Health for All by the Year 2000”. World Health Forum 1981; 3: 5-22.
6. Walsh JA, Warren KS. Selective primary health care: An interim strategy for disease control in developing countries. Social Science & Medicine. Part C: Medical Economics
1981; 14: 145-63. doi: 10.1016/0160-7995(80)90034-9
7. Newell KW. Selective primary health care: the counter revolution. Soc Sci Med 1988; 26: 903-6.
8. Brown TM, Cueto M, Fee E. The World Health Organization and the Transition from “International” to “Global” Public Health. Am J Public Health
2006; 96: 62-72. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2004.050831
11. Gauld R, Blank R, Burgers J, Cohen AB, Dobrow M, Ikegami N, et al.
The World Health Report 2008 – Primary Healthcare: How Wide Is the Gap between Its Agenda and Implementation in 12 High-Income Health Systems? Healthcare Policy
2012; 7: 38-58. doi: 10.12927/hcpol.2013.22778
12. Vestergaard J, Wade RH. Protecting Power: How Western States Retain The Dominant Voice in The World Bank’s Governance. World Dev 2013; 46: 153-64.
15. Cingano F. Trends in Income Inequality and its Impact on Economic Growth (No. 163). OECD; 2014. doi: 10.1787/5jxrjncwxv6j-en
17. Giedion U, Alfonso EA, Diaz Y. The impact of universal coverage schemes in the developing world: a review of the existing evidence. The World Bank; 2013.
20. Rodney AM, Hill PS. Achieving equity within universal health coverage: a narrative review of progress and resources for measuring success. Int J Equity Health
2014; 13: 72. doi: 10.1186/s12939-014-0072-8
21. Moser KA, Leon DA, Gwatkin DR. How does progress towards the child mortality millennium development goal affect inequalities between the poorest and least poor? Analysis of Demographic and Health Survey data. BMJ
2005; 331: 1180-2. doi: 10.1136/bmj.38659.588125.79
23. Brixi H, Mu Y, Targa B, Hipgrave D. Engaging sub-national governments in addressing health equities: challenges and opportunities in China’s health system reform. Health Policy Plan
2013; 28: 809-24. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czs120
24. Meessen B, Malanda B. No universal health coverage without strong local health systems. Bull World Health Organ
2014; 92: 78-A. doi: 10.2471/BLT.14.135228
25. Fehling M, Nelson BD, Venkatapuram S. Limitations of the Millennium Development Goals: a literature review. Global Public Health
2013; 8: 1109-22. doi: 10.1080/17441692.2013.845676